[Sca-cooks] OOP improving crisco frosting

M+D: Mary and Doug Piero Carey mdcarey at compuserve.com
Sun May 14 05:18:05 PDT 2006

A friend of my mother's has a trick for this.  She uses pineapple
juice for some of the liquid.  I seem to recall that she used a tsp
when she was making enough frosting to cover a two-layer cake. (8 or
9 inch pans) The times I tried this, I found it really cut that
overly greasy mouth-feel which Crisco frostings frequently have, but
noone seemed to notice a pineapple flavor.  Of course, the trained
palates on this list are a whole 'nother story!  The most I ever
noticed was a sort of hint of fruitiness to the aroma.

Huette said:

If there is one thing that I absolutely hate is the taste of a crisco
frosting.  Blech!!!! And to have the audacity to call it
"buttercream" is like a bait and switch scheme, IMHO.

Maria