[Sca-cooks] stepping on food, was: grape stomping

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Sun May 14 16:05:18 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "King's Taste Productions" <kingstaste at comcast.net>
To: "'Cooks within the SCA'" <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2006 11:15 AM
Subject: [Sca-cooks] stepping on food, was: grape stomping

>I had a friend that was walking through her darkened apartment once,
> trying to find something.  She walked into a room and stepped on
> something that went 'squish' and sent warm goo up through her toes.  She
> stood there completely grossed out for a minute, convinced she had just
> stepped on a mouse and she was now going to have to clean mouse guts out
> from between her toes.  When her husband responded to her screams and
> came into the room to turn on the lights, she discovered her 'mouse' was
> actually a McDonald's ketchup packet, and there was red goo between her
> toes, but it was corn syrup and tomato based rather than mouse based. :)
> Christianna

My father got up early one morning, and wandered down to the bathroom to
begin getting ready for work. Along the way, he narrowly avoided a lump in
the darkened hall that looked suspiciously like the dog had made a mess. He
went to the bathroom to get toilet paper to clean it up--and the lump had
moved. Flipping on the light revealed a rather large toad--we're still not
sure how it got into the house, or escaped the cats. Dad put the toad
outside, apologized to the dog, and went to get ready for work, feeling very
glad he had NOT stepped on the lump!

Laurensa