[Sca-cooks] Favorite insides for hand held pies - recipes

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Tue May 16 19:04:42 PDT 2006

Well, part of my family comes from Rochester, NY - but that's not the part
that's cooking tourtière :-)). I do a simple one with pork and veal and
potatoes during the holidays.

My in-laws in Abitibi like to add moose to the easily available pork, veal
and beef. They also add the potatoes. I've tasted some wonderful Tourtière
and Six-Pâtes in Charlevoix, too, but that was many years ago and I don't
quite remember everything they put in it.

Now, hypothetically, if we were to do a big winter party, and wanted to have
a really big Tourtière, and there was a lot of us Northern Folks in
attendance, we could add in deer, boar, all kinds of fowl, moose if the hunt
is good. Now all we'd need to do is set up a small, pot-luck event were we
could do this quietly, with some roots and pickled veggies on the side, and
preserved fruits and nuts as well.

Petru