potatoes and personal "issues" ; )....was RE: [Sca-cooks] suggestions

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Thu May 18 15:12:47 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
<Since it's a Medieval/Ren organization, why bother with non-period or even
period-ish ingredients at all?>

*Potatoes are late Renaisanse and maybe mid Renaissance

<Since the original question was to prepare a Medieval feast, that's the
guiding principle...not an 'obsession'.>

*I did not read anywhere that stated a medieval feast, I must have missed
that.

<Besides, documentation is fun, interesting & challenging.  And satisfying,
too.>

*Yes documenting can be fun. Yet just playing with the food can be even
funner. Also, some need to take baby steps in order to retain the knowledge.

<I think it's great to serve a wonderful, surprising dish accompanied with
several pages of research.>

*Yes, but to the feaster the docs are usually just trivia.

Lyse