[Sca-cooks] suggestions

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri May 19 05:59:19 PDT 2006

I was served scalloped turnips at a feast a couple of years ago and it was really fabulous!

But have you noticed the skyrocketing prices of root vegetables recently?  Parsnips celery root, rutabaga, radish, and so on.  These things used to be 'peasant food' and now they're...I don't know, 'haute cuisine', I guess. :(

Tom Vincent
When shall it be said in any country of the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance or distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes not oppressive; the rational world is my friend because I am friend of its happiness; when these things can be said, then may that country boast of its constitution and government.
-- Tom Paine