[Sca-cooks] suggestions

Patrick Levesque petruvoda at videotron.ca
Fri May 19 17:31:31 PDT 2006

> But have you noticed the skyrocketing prices of root vegetables recently?
> Parsnips celery root, rutabaga, radish, and so on.  These things used to be
> 'peasant food' and now they're...I don't know, 'haute cuisine', I guess. :(

Although I haven't observed that trend yet over here, prices are rising as
gas costs increase and transportation costs follow suit. You can offset this
if you eat mostly seasonal and local fruits and veggies. A day outside to
pick fruits is a fun way to entertain and educate kids ;-)) Also, check with
your local farmers, to see if there's a community supported agriculture
program or something similar.  Or you can always grow your own. (Which I
plan on doing next summer)

Petru