[Sca-cooks] OT - a challenge for geeks

Dianne & Greg Stucki goofy1 at suscom.net
Tue May 30 07:04:28 PDT 2006

> As a mystery novel, I found Code rather predictable and simplistic.  It
> should translate well to a visual medium and with its modern equivalent of
> "Banned in Boston" sticker from the religious community, it should do well
> at the box office without me.  I think I'll go see Over the Hedge and
> Cars.
>
> Brown has enlivened my TV watching.  I find the religious arguments, the
> debunking and Opus Dei running around trying to explain itself great good
> fun.
>
> Bear

I haven't read the Da Vinci Code. However, as a Christian, I'd have to say
that my faith would have to be wobbly to be "shaken" by a work of fiction.
People need to get a grip...

As for the movies--well, it's rather nice that there are "children's movies"
coming out that I look forward to as much as the kidlets.

Laurensa