[Sca-cooks] Potrero seige contest

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed May 31 11:01:28 PDT 2006

It would have worked, I know that for a fact.  Remember the cinnamon
rolls that brought in big bucks at the arts auction?  I made those on
site, with yeast from a jar.  Did up a sponge the afternoon before, kept
in in the kitchen pavilion near the range so it got intermittent heat at
least, covered with a black plastic trash bag to soak up the sun's rays
during the day.  Made a slack dough in the morning, let them rise and
baked just before auction time.

The moral of the story is:  Always Dare!  The worst that could have
happened is not much different from what you had already.

With admiration anyway, Selene