[Sca-cooks] Private- Re: Faith and chellenges

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed May 31 12:25:21 PDT 2006

On 5/31/06, Jeff Gedney <gedney1 at iconn.net> wrote:

> I cannot believe that you can so mischaracterize my plain
> language so adroitly by anything other than pure intent.
>
> You are neither interested in conversation nor debate.
> Only a chance to excoriate and ridicule organized religion
> as a whole.
>
> I suggest that you do as the List administrator has
> requested and stop posting to this topic.
>
> This conversation is obviously trolling and I shall not
> respond to you further.

Brandu,

I'm not entirely sure what the yutz has been on about, because he's been so
obviously trolling since he joined the List that I've long since blocked him
from my email. He really isn't worth wasting time on- "Blessed be the
self-centered, for they shall inherit themselves." ;-)

I rather liked your comment, though, in a previous post:

"Those who claim that Science and religion are antithetical know
too little of either, and are not cognizant of the history of
science and scientific thought."

I could perhaps add to that, that those who don't believe in a Creator of
much greater capacity than our minds can encompass have obviously never
looked through a microscope ;-) Amazing the beauty and complexity of living
organisms so very small- not only is there a Creator, but he/she/it is an
artist, and a Master Geometrician as well- even molecules like DNA are
beautiful beyond belief ;-)

Can we please talk about food now?

> Capt Elias

Sounds good. Just made up another cheesecake, my savory recipe, except Rob
forgot to get me creamed corn, so I did without. Made the crust with some
blue corn tortilla chips, and the last few jalepeno potato chips I was lucky
enough to get sent to try for one of my surveys. Hope they come to market
soon- REALLY really good. But, the cheesecake was pretty good- added more
chocolate chips to make up for the lack of creamed corn, and used the
tabasco-like sauce Adamantius suggested to me instead of the fresh hot
peppers, and while is wasn't as pretty, with the confetti-like bits of
chopped pepper through out, it was certainly tasty ;-) Think, for fun, since
I'll be over at Paul's in Seattle for 4th of July, I might make us up a
cheesecake, with red hot peppers, white cheesecake, and blue corn tortilla
chip crust ;-) He's already told me we're going to do a bit of cooking, not
only to feed ourselves, but to work out the recipes from Soup for the Qan he
wants to use in the class we're still planning.

Hey, what are the odds that you, me, and Jaji can get together on a cooking
project at Pennsic? I was at least as bummed and not getting to work with
you two as I was at screwing up poor Andrea's Apprenticing meal. Still owe
her, I figure. Anyway, I don't care what the project is, as long as it's
reasonably period, I just wanna work with you two ;-) We can use our
kitchen, or, no doubt, you and Jaji have a good set up up at your camp.

Later,