[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk revisited

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 18:30:46 PDT 2006

--- Karin Burgess <avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:

> Funny that Diamond Almond Milk hs been mentioned. I just came across it yesterday while
> shopping. i was hoping for some report on how it worked.  I didn't plan on using it right now
> but was curious to know if in a pinch it might suffice.

Where did you find it?

>   We are lucky here, the whole area was once almond (and pear) orchards. Not so much now, but
> there are a few independent farms still aorund. You can get almonds a bit cheaper.  That and
> cherries ( you pick um)
>
>   mmmm, Ranier (yellow) cherries.
>
>   Hey Selene, Huette, Aeduin and anyone else in from Caid on this list, we should plan a cherry
> picking trip  sometime :)

That sounds like a lot of fun!  Count me in if it will be on a weekend... I bought some
cherries at a fruit stand in Fillmore, but they weren't all that ripe... :-(

I get my nuts at the Somis Nut House, in Somis.  They seem to have very good prices
on almonds.  I haven't checked if they have almond milk...  I need to go there anyway.

Huette