[Sca-cooks] Documentation "Fun"...was "Potatoes and personalissues"

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sun May 21 05:50:08 PDT 2006

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> [2006.05.20] wrote:
> Actually, providing documentation at a feast produces some interesting
> games as people try to figure out what they are eating, especially when
> kitchen misadventures force you to swap the order of service.

How do you square this with allergies? I allways post a menue somewhere
pulic, which lists the name of the dish, the source, and what it
contains. Sometimes I have a "restaurant style" description as well.
That way people can know that the strawberryes contain almonds, that
the cawdel of saumon do not (I tend to nick the fast day alternation of
"milk of kine or almond", reverse it, and use to get around the dreaded
5-verions-of-everything syndrome whenever needed)

> The greatest
> offense I find with feast documentation is when it is used to justify bad
> cooking.

Good food is a given. Noting gos out that is not at least good tasting,
preferably it is better than that.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Practise random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control.