[Sca-cooks] Bread and wine in the Catholic church

Ysabeau ysabeau at mail.ev1.net
Sun May 21 13:10:07 PDT 2006

I can't remember the official name of it right now but it is the 7 month or
so long class that someone has to take in order to become Catholic. You have
to attend these classes on a weekly basis and go through a bunch of stuff so
you can eventually become a "Catholic" and get baptized at Easter. Kids that
are born into the Catholic church are baptized as babies and then take
catechism and go through the sacraments as they get older. It is different
when you want to become a Catholic as an adult...hence the "assimilation"
classes. My apologies if that term offended anyone, my parents are used to
my referencing them as such.

As for stepping into the fray, anytime I ask a question it is considered an
invitation to try to bring me back into the fold...being the only
non-practicing Catholic in a VERY Catholic family is not always fun. Since
the question was answered satisfactorily, I'll leave it be.

Ysabeau

> My mom teaches the
> Catholicism assimilation class(oops did I call it that out loud?)

What is it really?