[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Mon May 22 14:20:47 PDT 2006

grizly wrote:

> Bad cooking also consists of using spices that are years old and
> tiome/tempuerature abused.  cinnamon is one that happened locally that
> had lost nearly all essential oils to become basically colored chalk .
> . . but was used in a couple of dishes featuring cinnamon.
> Unfortunate mistake that the docs couldn't hide.

Oh, yes, that goes on... our barony has a "feast box" with some odds and
ends of dry goods that feast cooks are supposed to use, including some
ground spices.  I buy whole spices and use an electric grinder, so I
never use that brick-dust-labelled-cinnamon.  I don't know why we bother
with the whole wretched mess.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,