[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 22 14:36:45 PDT 2006

I don't rate equipment failure as bad cooking.  Given time, you can work
around the problems and if you don't have the time, you're screwed.  Renting
a place where the equipment isn't in working order is stupidity on the part
of whoever is doing the rental.  Otherwise. you try to double check the
equipment just before the event, you try to arrive early and get the
problems sorted out, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I lost the second course of one feast, when I lost four ovens in less than
two hours.  The equipment, a commercial oven, a convection oven and two 30
inch home ovens, had been working fine.  They failed.  My bad luck and a
blow to my pride and reputation, but the first course came off fine and
there was enough supplemental food that no one starved or got poisoned.

Bear