[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue May 23 07:59:10 PDT 2006

>  Third type is the old but I bought it on sale, sorry but if it was on sale
> there usually is a reason.

Well, just because you bought it on sale, or even if it is old (if its a
packaged good), that doesn't necessarily mean it is bad; you need to buy
with a sharp eye for things that might be off, whether you buy them at
the high-end grocery or the off-price store. Mold, poor quality, etc.
are things you have to look for at the groceries too-- I'd say I've had
more bad experiences with moldy dairy products from regular stores than
discount ones, which doesn't make sense. And yes, I have bought stuff at
the off-price store and used it, with no dimunition in quality of the
resulting food. But I don't just go by my personal standards, but other
cooks'.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman