[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Tue May 23 19:52:38 PDT 2006

Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> [2006.05.23] wrote:
> HisRMajesty walked in and saw Helewyse and I working alone in the kitchen.
> He went back out and announced that there were just two ladies doing all
> the dishes and that he was taking off his crown and joining us. The
> chivalry were
> invited to then join him. I wrote at the time that  it was rather
> surreal to watch them all
> in action at the end of the night. Helewyse reported that it
>  was amazing how quickly 20 people can get a job done compared to a couple.

One of the most hearthwarming things I've ever had happen to me was a a
small event. One of the guests was from Northshield (over here for a
scientific conference, spent a day or two in the museums and then
vivited out feast). After the feast was eaten he stood up, told them
that in Northshield they had a custom and invited all the fighers
present to join him. The custom was that they stipped their upper bodies
and then first washed everyones feastgear, and then invaded the kitchen
to wash all dishes, pots and pans there. It was very, very, nice.

UlfR

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
The complete lack of evidence is the surest sign that the conspiracy is working.