[Sca-cooks] A few more words on lambs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 23 22:38:34 PDT 2006

Jadwiga mentioned:

<<< I'm collecting information on period sheepherding for a friend,
and it's
interesting to hear such a radical difference from our modern sheep, who
give birth in February/March.>>>

Do you know what your friend intends to do with information? Is it
just for persona development? Or are they going to write a paper on
this subject?

I think a paper on this would be interesting. I'm a city boy and I'm
not that familiar with sheepherding,much less how it might have
differed in medieval times from biblical times or today.

If you or your friend aren't interested in writing a paper on this,
perhaps even your raw notes might be of interest to some of my
Florielgium readers. Or even just a bibliography.

For those who might be interested, I do have these files already:
B-H-Cheviot-art   (16K)  2/27/03    "The Brecknock Hill Cheviot - A
Shepherds
                                        Investigation" by Blacksheep.
livestock-msg     (71K) 11/27/04    Medieval livestock. Pigs, cattle,
sheep.
The-Sheep-art      (8K) 10/30/02    "The Sheep That Changed the Face
of Art and
                                        History" by Blacksheep.
lamb-mutton-msg  (108K) 10/13/04    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com