[Sca-cooks] Bland + Condiments

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Wed May 24 14:03:47 PDT 2006

tom.vincent at yahoo.com wrote:

> Has anyone deliberately prepared a bland feast but provided an
> extensive 'condiment/seasoning bar' so that people can salt, pepper &
> spice their dishes to their own preferences?

Nope.  I only make plain dishes with condiments where it was a eriod
practice (ie plain roast meats with sauces, etc.)

> I know it isn't period, but it seems that the proportion of fussy
> eaters (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, mind you) has grown
> to the point where 'lowest common denominator' seasoning may be in
> order.  Allergies, diabetes, high blood pressure, religious choices,
> vegans/vegetarians, etc.

Je refuse! (I absolutely refuse to cater for people with the eating
habits of an indulged four-year-old.)
Nobody's real eating issues (ie allergies or other factors that mean
they _can't_ eat some foods) have ever really stopped me seasoning
anything the way I want to, with only one or two very slight exceptions.

--
Adele de Maisieres

Habeo metrum - musicamque,
hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?