[Sca-cooks] Frying Cheese, or, Thank you Stefan...

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Wed May 24 17:35:11 PDT 2006

Ana wrote:
>Stefan or another, can you please post the recipe again? I don't have
>any Spanish groceries near,

It's Mexican, i think, not Spanish, so you may be even less likely to
find some,

>  but I guess it's possible to do the same
>with the Middle East cheeses sold in my Iraqui grocer.
>They sell a cheese in threads, as mozarella but much more "kneaded".

We call that "string cheese". It's a very popular item to put in
children's lunch boxes, because kids like it: it tastes good, is fun
to eat (pull the strings apart), and is actually nourishing.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita