[Sca-cooks] Bad Cooking at Feasts - was Re: good taste

Cat Dancer pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Fri May 26 07:19:49 PDT 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006, Adele de Maisieres wrote:

> Daniel Phelps wrote:
>
>> Then there was the feast that was being planned, Lady X was to be the
>> cook and Laurel/Pelican Y was to be the autocrat, names deleted to
>> protect the guilty.  When I heard the line up I asked a most
>> reasonable if cheeky question, "That's nice... who is going to
>> marshal?"   It was not a pretty battle for dominance and the feast
>> was best described as a culinary atrocity.
>>

> Ugh.  I think it's always best to have a mutual Non-Intereference Pact
> between the cook and steward.
>
> --
> Adele de Maisieres

Around here the event steward is responsible, usually, for recruiting
his/her staff including the cook. As head cook I claim right of finding
the head server, since that really needs to be someone you can work with.
The only real issues I've heard of, at least locally, were when the event
steward listened to the wrong person, who although possessing a hat has
absolutely no clue how an event is run, let alone how we handle feast
budgets.

Margaret FitzWilliam