[Sca-cooks] Folding bed with air mattress OT

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Fri May 26 10:20:52 PDT 2006

wildecelery at aol.com wrote:

>  FYI on the folding beds with air mattress...they don'e work for
> everyone.  My husband popped 2 joints on the bed the first time we
> used ours...it seemed to do very badly with unequally distrobuted
> weight... his 275 lbs of power lifter to my 95 lbs of dancer.  we do
> much better with a wood-based slat bed.
>
> -Ardenia

That's what we use.  Ours collapses down into a stack of lumber, except
for the slats, which Phillip attached to each other by means of
upholsterer's webbing...about 8" between slats.  On top of that we use a
futon...and the result is almost as great as our bed at home!  Both
futon and bed are queen-size, so it's very comfy.

Kiri