[Sca-cooks] Silk Road timeframe, take 2

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Mon May 1 20:50:00 PDT 2006

That sounds more like what I was thinking.  I have no ready resources on the
asilk road travel as it isn't myarea of interest, but thinking in terms of
seaons passing may be a just a bit too small . . . There must've been a
reason that the trip west to find a short route to India was so important.
Cost and monopolies existed for lots of reasons, and I suspect military was
only part of issue; it's a smackin' long way to the Pacific overland from
Europe.

niccolo