[Sca-cooks] Rust removal

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue May 2 07:50:20 PDT 2006

If it turns out that the rust is very penetrating and you soak it in
rust remover, you might just make your pan useless. I think it's
worth getting a good idea of just how bad it is before you destroy it.

I'd clean the pan first in some simple "non-invasive" "non-toxic" way
- wash, scrubbing with an abrasive cleanser, dry, then do the
"Crisco" wipe, then dry well.

At that point take a look at it to assess its condition. It may turn
out that with a decent cleaning - without wire brushes and power
tools - your pan is almost ok.

But in any case, you'll know the next best step to take to finish the
cleaning process.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita