[Sca-cooks] Re: Luncheon Question (Martha Oser)

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 8 21:07:42 PDT 2006

Selene commented:

elisabetta at klotz.org wrote:
 > Scottish: I made small meat pies, soups, larger pies (steak and
 > mushroom,
 > chicken, leek and cheese) and Scotch eggs (hard-boiled eggs
wrapped in
 > sausage and deep fried).

Mmmm, I think I want some of those Persian recipes.  That wrapped egg
sounds intriguing, kind of a Persian Scotch Egg?
<<<<

Reading these replies did remind me that I forgot to mention this
file for another tavern food idea. Note, I've seen no evidence that
Scotch Eggs are period, but they might make a period-like hands-on
tavern food:

Scotch-Eggs-msg   (19K)  3/ 5/05    Fried sausage-wrapped hard-boiled
eggs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/Scotch-Eggs-msg.html

There is also this file in the ENTERTAINMENT section, but I think it
has more material on period an SCA taverns than it does on tavern food.
taverns-msg       (41K)  3/21/02    SCA and period taverns.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/taverns-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas