[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

ekoogler1 at comcast.net ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Tue May 9 11:09:46 PDT 2006

From: <tom.vincent at yahoo.com>
> I love it.  I love hot peppers and grow tabascos, habaneros and jalapenos in the
> garden.
>
> I love a good strong, smooth balsamic vinegar.  A pungent kalamata brushetta.  A
> potent cheese, like Stilton.  A powerful curry.  Cuban mojito sauce.  Wasabi.
>
> Ginger, cilantro and especially garlic.
>
> These are the joys of adult cooking.
>

> Bam!
>

> Duriel
>

> -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
> Tom Vincent
> Demon Prince (retired)
> Welcome to EXXONISTAN, the nation formerly known as the United States!
> Want kids? Do this horribly over-populated world a favor and adopt one that's
> already here.

Adult for some, but not for all.  I like foods that are well-seasoned, and I enjoy unusual seasonings.  But I can't deal with really super-hot foods.  The main reason, aside from the fact that I don't like the burned sensation in my mouth, is that I find that a lot of times, in really hot foods, all I can taste is the heat.  The other flavorings are lost in the "hot".  It's kind of like music...I don't like music that is played at a high volume because I can't hear the music because of the sound!  I love garlic, cilantro, long pepper, cubebs, milder curries, etc.  I love the variety and richness they bring to foods.  But, as someone else said, I don't want the heat overpowering the flavor of the food...or of the other seasonings!

Kiri