[Sca-cooks] Favorite insides for hand held pies

Adele de Maisieres ladyadele at paradise.net.nz
Tue May 9 12:23:17 PDT 2006

Sharon Gordon wrote:
> I'd like to experiment with some varied  fillings, and was wondering what
> people's favorites are.
Period/perioid:
Minced beef and dried fruit. (goes down hugely well-- I made this for a
Christmas do and my friend's mundane workmates gobbled it up)
Chopped venison, red wine, vinegar and prune. (an easy cook-in the crust
pie)
Wild duck and prune.
Beef and beer.
Chicken and currant.
New cheese. (Fresh cheese + egg white with ginger and rosewater-- a good
quick pie)
Brie. (With egg and seasonings-- very rich)
Mushroom and old cheese. (Perennially popular)
Egg, cheese and basil. (Disappears fast)
Assorted meats.
Apple and custard. (yum!)
Strawberry and custard.
Strawberry and spinach.