[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 14:03:33 PDT 2006

> Fortunately, the Lovely Dame Selene found a curry mix that is without capsicum
> peppers in it
> and now I can make lamb curry again!   All the lovely flavor but without the
> capsaisin heat!
> Yeah!
>
> Huette

You are evidently not the only Notable Personage in the Society with this
issue...  The curry powder I got for Huette was "Auntie Arwen's Two Knives
Special Curry Blend", named for Master El of the Two Knives, who shares that
sensitivity.  And to my way of thinking, this probably represents something
closer to a pre-Columbian spice blend of the region.  My opinion, not to be
construed as documentation, etc.

Auntie Arwen:
http://www.auntiearwenspices.com/

This particular spice blend: