[Sca-cooks] re:long peppers, etc.

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Wed May 10 02:15:51 PDT 2006

>After all, there are a lot of modern people who can't stand rose flavor
>in food because they say 'it tastes like soap' -- that is, it's so
>strongly associated with soap in their minds that they taste soap when
>they taste it!
>
>--
>-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net

They have the same problem with lavender. And both are so much fun to
experiment with. I have an old recipe for a potato lavender soup that
our barony often serves incoming travelers the night before an event
starts (modern, easy cooking, combined with fresh-made grilled cheese
sandwiches -- comfort food). It's a perennial favorite and it's
always fun to see the reaction of people who try it for the first
time.

Morgana

Morgana yr Oerfa, OP
Winter's Gate/Oertha/West
Per saltire gules and sable, in pale two mullets and
in fess an increscent	 and a decrescent argent.

"Springtime returned... Woods were tinged with a colour
so soft, so subtle that it could scarcely be said to be a
colour at all. It was more the idea of a colour -- as if the
trees were dreaming green dreams or thinking green thoughts."
Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell