[Sca-cooks] RE: Chivalry and Supporting your Local Monarch

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Wed May 10 06:07:02 PDT 2006

I think that I travel the same road you do on this topic, or at least one
that appears very similar.  The personal challenge I have it that there
isn't a modern applicable committment to actual, real laws of chivalry.
They get all mutated into what people think of as social politeness and call
it "chivalrous".  My statements of character traits are directed at the the
modern SCA transcription and redation of Laws of Chivarly from multiple
times and places into the cutsy version bandied about when gathered to
nay-say someone or something.

Actual codes of behavior and disciplines are good meat for the broth, as it
were.

niccolo difrancesco