[Sca-cooks] RE: Chivalry and Supporting your Local Monarch

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 08:50:24 PDT 2006

A coworker of mine is Somalia and it's fascinating learning from him how the Somali Warlords are essentially identical to Medieval Barons.  What used to be a single country has essentially fragmented into about 8 separate fiefdoms.  Tragic somewhat for the people but a fascinating real world experiment, seeing how phone service, airports and electrical distribution continue working without a central government.  The US gov't, for example, does not recognize any of the warlords yet continues to accept the meaningless and arbitrarily created 'Somalia' passport even though there is no such thing.

There's a very fuzzy line between thug and king.

Duriel

Tom Vincent
Demon Prince (retired)
Welcome to EXXONISTAN, the nation formerly known as the United States!
Want kids? Do this horribly over-populated world a favor and adopt one that's already here.