[Sca-cooks] RE: Chivalry and Supporting your Local Monarch

Tom Vincent Tom.Vincent at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 19:16:34 PDT 2006

That only tells me that your definition of honor doesn't include
obedience.  I'd say that was inaccurate.  Honor is how others view you,
not an ethical measurement.

Here are the first 10 definitions of Honor from www.dictionary.com.
None of them have anything to do with the mythical concept of 'sin'.

   1. High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor
      shown to a Nobel laureate.
   2.
         1. Good name; reputation.
         2. A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
   3.
         1. Glory or recognition; distinction.
         2. A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the
            place of honor at the table.
         3. A military decoration.
         4. A title conferred for achievement.
   4. High rank.
   5. The dignity accorded to position: awed by the honor of his office.
   6. Great privilege: I have the honor to present the governor.
   7. *Honor* Used with /His, Her,/ or /Your/ as a title and form of
      address for certain officials, such as judges and mayors: Her
      Honor the Mayor.
   8.
         1. Principled uprightness of character; personal integrity.
         2. A code of integrity, dignity, and pride, chiefly among men,
            that was maintained in some societies, as in feudal Europe,
            by force of arms.
         3. A woman's chastity or reputation for chastity.
   9. *honors* Social courtesies offered to guests: did the honors at tea.
  10. *honors*
         1. Special recognition for unusual academic achievement:
            graduated with honors.
         2. A program of individual advanced study for exceptional
            students: planned to take honors in history.

Duriel