[Sca-cooks] figs and thistles

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Fri May 12 20:22:58 PDT 2006

Have you made cheese using other coagulants?  I would not expect using thistle extract or fig sap to be dramatically different.

  For my information, how  do you get thistle extract?

  Cordelia Toser

Aurelia Coritana <aurelia_coritana at yahoo.com> wrote:

Greetings!

Has anyone tried Columella's cheese using thistle extract or fig sap to curdle the milk? I am about to give it a shot, just wondered what wisdom there might be here about the process. I'm a bit intimidated, frankly.

Aurelia