[Sca-cooks] Harvest times

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat May 13 21:14:22 PDT 2006

On May 13, 2006, at 6:57 AM, Dianne & Greg Stucki wrote:

> I can't say I enjoyed Angela's Ashes, but I certainly got a strong
> feeling for the strength of the McCourt Family.

Frank McCourt and his brother Malachi (who's a moderately well-known
stage and screen actor) used to do a sort of off-off-Broadway revue
in which some of the material later used in Angela's Ashes: I
remember the story of the death of one of his brothers, and much more
pleasantly, the story of Frank's first Communion, and how he, in his
excitement, threw up the Body and Blood Of Christ in his
grandmother's side yard...

> I was disappointed by the follow-up, 'Tis,

'Tis seemed rather rushed, like material that should have been used
in the first book which, for some reason, wasn't.

> though, and didn't bother with Teacher Man.

Teacher Man is actually pretty good, if you eventually get a little
tired of the self-doubt. But for me it's significant because about
half the book (the second half) concerns my high school and my
classmates (I'm not in it...)

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04