[Sca-cooks] Who's going to Pennsic this year?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun May 14 14:51:55 PDT 2006

Stefan li Rous wrote:
> With the mail in deadline for registering for Pennsic tomorrow, May
> 15, and the online registeration deadline for registering for Pennsic
> on June 15, it has suddenly gotten me thinking about Pennsic.
>
> This year will be Pennsic 35, one of those big, anniversary years.
>
> I'm wondering how many of you will be going to Pennsic this year? If
> you haven't been, I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who can help
> fill you in on why you might want to go and the details of going which
> aren't given in the official Pennsic documentation.
>
> If you can't drive in, it is possible to fly in. I've done this since
> Pennsic 27, with the exception of last year, and I would be happy to
> pass on what I've learned about doing this.
>
> Due to a new job and thus less vacation, I will probably be at Pennsic
> only between the middle and last weekends.
>
> Stefan
Phillip and I are going.  He'll be up there the first week as he is
doing land grab for our group.  I'll be coming up the second weekend
with a couple of my students.  If we are camped where we did last year,
we'll be in the area just off of the Serengetti (for those of you not
familiar, it's the flat large area where a lot of the encampments are
located, including most of the Royal encampments) up by the old barn.
The group is Barony of Dun Carraig, and any of you are welcome to drop
by for a chat/refreshment/gossip, etc.

Kiri