[Sca-cooks] Who's going to Pennsic this year?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon May 15 05:33:50 PDT 2006

Etain1263 at aol.com wrote:
> Well, I'm registered.   I have the designated time off for the  first week
> and part of the second.  BUT..there is a dispute in our shire  about the land
> and the encampment, and right now, I'm not sure if we HAVE an  encampment.  the
> land staff seems to have stripped us of our land and given  it to the long
> standing Land Agent (who somehow thought of our camp as a private  camp and has
> "founded" a new camp with a new name and some of the "old" people  and Land has
> given him the land).  So...I'm registered to what may be a  nonexistent
> group!  It should be interesting.
>
> Etain

You can actually start a new group for camping...they just won't give
you the lands that you used in the past, given what you've described.
Year before last (when Phillip and I didn't go), the Barony camped on
the hill above the battlefield.  There were a number of people who
didn't like that camp site, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to deal
with climbing that hill several times a day...so...we put together a
group to camp down on the Serengetti.  We used the traditional group
name, and the group on the hill used a new one.  But we got a really
great campsite on a fairly new section of the area, just outside the
Serengetti.  We liked it so much that we're trying to stay there this
year.  So they will find a place for you...your land agent just needs to
register your group and indicate preferences for campsites.

Hope to see you there!

Kiri