[Sca-cooks] Soup at feasts

Micaylah dy018 at ncf.ca
Tue May 16 12:51:26 PDT 2006

> Yup, definitely.
>
> Actually, speaking in general, I do _not_ like the kind of
> service where
> servers circulate with large vessels of food and fill diners'
> plates.  I
> strongly prefer food messed for 6-10.
>
> --
> Adele de Maisieres

Actually the norm way to do things here is that each table (or group of
folks) has a server and all dishes and serving bits are brought out to the
tables and left there. As the dishes are done they are whisked away by same
server to be stuck in dishwasher (or done by hand) to be used again in a
later course.

It is my pet project this year to write a paper on the customs and serving
of the late 1500's. I want to coordinate with the Head Cook the proper way
to serve feast. And that way I get to play Head-Server (Butler) and walk the
servers through some shtick and education for a few weeks before the October
event. We have baronial and kingdom tabards of course, but if there is a
theme for that event or who's at the head table, I might have a
bitch'n'stitch. I will only supervise as I'm textile-y challenged. :D

Of course this all depends on whether the health gods are happy this year.
Its slow going but I should be done for Oct. <grin>

ttfn
Micaylah