[Sca-cooks] Sausage again

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Thu May 18 13:10:44 PDT 2006

Wekk mfirst thanks for all the encouragement and tips.

  I went back to the machine and tried it again. I am happy to say that it worked. I am the proud owner of 3 1/3 pound sauage links . I only used 1 pound so if I messed up again, it wasn't going to be real expensive.  I bought pre-ground pork this time, and depending on the taste, might use it istead of doing it myself. The cost was about $.05 more per pound but was so much easier.

  I put them in the freeezer and will take them out in a few days and cook up. I am planning on making them next week and freezing for Caid's Coronation the first week of June, but if they don't freeze well, I will just make them a day in advance (but was hoping to avoid that due to other timing problems)

  Was kinda fun once I figured out the machine. I don't do alot of things from scratch due to having 2 kids still at home and having a full time job plus being a landed Baroness, but something about it was very comforting.

  -Muiriath