[Sca-cooks] suggestions

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 18 19:32:10 PDT 2006

Petru replied to Lisabetta with:
<<<
Parsley roots, parsnips, celeriac, beets, red carrots (depends where you
are).>>>

See these Florilegium files for recipes and more info:
root-veg-msg     (105K)  3/ 1/05    Medieval and period root vegetables.
beets-msg        (125K)  1/17/05    Period beet roots and beet
greens. Recipes.

<<< There are also a gazillion things you could do with cabbage.>>>

cabbages-msg      (90K)  3/26/06    Period cabbages. Broccoli,
Cauliflower,
                                        Brussel Sprouts. Recipes.

<<<
Also, if you roast your beef and chicken outside on a spit, you'll
need some
kind of sauce to go with that. There are many of these in period
texts, you
just have to decide the general kind of flavour you want it to have
before
you start looking (don't get too specific, though. In many cases these
sauces are very different from the ones we use today).

I forgot about sauces in my earlier message. These are a wonderful
way to add a "medieval feel" to a feast.
camelne-sauce-msg (26K)  8/22/04    Sauces w. cinnamon as a major
component.
mustard-msg      (120K) 12/24/04    Mustard seed in period. sauces.
recipes.
sauces-msg       (164K)  5/15/06    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com