[Sca-cooks] Sausages, we have a weinner (winner)

Jenn Strobel jenn.strobel at gmail.com
Fri May 19 13:09:22 PDT 2006

I grew up with boiling then pan frying Klobase (the Slovenian word for
Kolbassi, which is the Polish word for sausage), and honestly never
knew why.  So, good thing i've not tried the pan frying without
boiling first.

I think that over flame would give them good flavour, but it would
have to definately be a low and slow undertaking so they didn't get
dry.

Just tossing out some thoughts.  Sounds like they're going to taste
great no matter what you do with them :-)

Odriana

On 5/19/06, Karin Burgess <avrealtor at prodigy.net> wrote:
> I decided to try cooking the 3 in different ways.
>
>   1)Pan fry: bad idea. the sausage exploded (again) and it got burned before the center was fully cooked. Skin was well not tasty not appealing to the eye.
>
>   2)Boil then pan fry: Worked great. Center was fullt cooked, outside was browned but not overly done.  Split just a tiny bit, but since the inside was partially cooked already, it already had a basic shape and didn't ooze out. Skin was also a better texture. More crispy.
>
>   May try BBQing late in the day, but it is already 90 degrees here and I am not standing over a BBQ just yet. Will probably boil that one as well
>
>   All I can say is I am so very happy I am experimenting now then the day of the Feast.
>
>   -Muiriath

"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid."
-Frank Zappa