[Sca-cooks] Sausages, we have a weinner (winner)

SilverR0se at aol.com SilverR0se at aol.com
Fri May 19 14:57:42 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/19/2006 10:37:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
avrealtor at prodigy.net writes:

>   2)Boil then pan fry: Worked great. Center was fullt cooked, outside was
> browned but not overly done.  Split just a tiny bit, but since the inside was
> partially cooked already, it already had a basic shape and didn't ooze out.
> Skin was also a better texture. More crispy.

Most modern commercial sausage makers suggest putting them in a pan with 1/2
inch of water and covering, simmering on medium heat. After about 10 minutes,
drain any remaining water and continue cooking until brown, turning frequently.

Read that off'n a package of Johnsonville Brats just last night. It worked
great!

I often cook Italian sausages for pasta sauce in the microwave - 10 minutes
on high, turn them over and another 5 minutes and they are perfectly done and
even a bit brown. Please note, however, that my microwave is not enthusiastic
so your times may vary.

Renata