[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat May 27 15:45:11 PDT 2006

>  Phlip there's a trick to these. Unless your willing to get the really
> upscale ones which cost around 8 bills, most of these have the same problem.
>
> When you purchase one of these contraptions and you get home you
> immediately take the air mattress out and use it for house guests etc. Go
> back out and buy a really good air bed. Use that instead of mattress
> supplied.

It belonged to an ex of mine, who out-weighed me by over 100 lbs. I suspect,
that if he intends to use it, he's either figured that out bt now, or found
another sleeping solution for himself and his lady ;-)

>  No matter who I've had for sleeping company (yes I sleep around a
> lot-lol!), I'm perpetually cold at night due to a faulty internal
> thermostat. So I will occasionally grab a friend to sleep with and I've had
> no problems with weight balance or other stuff. Just replace the crappy ones
> that usually come with the beds. I also will use a wooden futon frame
> rather than the bed.
>
> ttfn
> Micaylah

Replace the mattress, replace the bed, and what's the point? ;-) Actually, I
scrounged my own solution at Pennsic- gound a decent single bed and frame in
the garbage, so I now haul that with me if I'm going to be sleeping out more
than one night. Also have a cot and an egg crate bit of foam, so I can have
a "house" guest, and our relationship doesn't matter- we both get a good
night's sleep. Has been great, when being at events with one of my
apprentices, or having room for a friend who didn't intend to stay.

Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"