[Sca-cooks] Potrero seige contest

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Tue May 30 12:48:32 PDT 2006

You guys made this a very difficult job of judging, I must say!  Coming
to any kind of consensus was a miracle of diplomacy at the very least.
;-)  I wanted to award something special for "Best Regional Cookery" but
we didn't have latitude to create categories.  Alas.

The ingredients are given to the entrants without any sort of
identification, so the first job is to figure out what all this stuff
is.  Nobody got them all correct, if that makes you feel any better.
The flower water was Elderflower, the fruit syrup was Lingonberry.  I'm
not sure which the "small black seed" is without looking [or better
still, tasting!]  If there is a good photo available of the fish
subtletie, would you please share it with this group?  It was awesome
looking and an extremely authentic treatment of dried cod.

Best always, Selene