[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Wed May 31 05:05:14 PDT 2006

On May 31, 2006, at 2:18 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> <<<
>> I use an electric pump that plugs into a car's cigarette lighter
>> plug.  The
>> pump is about the size of a regulation American football and orange.
>
> Is the orange attached to one end, protruding from one side, or a
> separate unit?
>
> Ada... errr... Stefan
>
> (yeah, yeah, dat's it... _could_ be true...)
>>>>

> Except that I don't speak with a Yankee accent. :-)
>
> Stefan
> (Accept no substitutions)

But when imitating John Lovitz, though, you'd pretty much have to.
His pathological liar character is pretty much a cultural icon at
this point; that's what all this "yeah, dat's it" is in reference to.
Yeeeah... Jon Lovitz's pat'ological li-ah. He also invented the
toastah... yeah...

Incidentally, if you ever listen carefully to a recording of the
speech of Oliver Hardy, he's a perfect example of a fine Harlem
accent that contains many elements of stereotypical generic Yankee
speech, with touches of Brooklyn and the Bronx, among others. But the
Harlem he was from is in Georgia.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782