[Sca-cooks] Faith and chellenges

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 10:28:39 PDT 2006

That's the benefit of the scientific process:  When presented by compelling evidence to the contrary, scientific documents are changed to include the new, more accurate information.

Could you please provide a few examples of religions that have had 'oops' moments and corrected their documents accordingly?

For example, in the Christian Bible, there's an amazing number of passages about slaves:  How to treat them, how to acquire them and so on, but not ONE SINGLE passage saying that slavery is wrong!

So, to this day, nearly 150 years after slavery was outlawed in this country, Christianity is still teaching how to manage slaves!  Shouldn't the bible be re-written to remove references to slavery?  It was legal (and apparently moral) when written, now it's not.

Duriel

Tom Vincent
When shall it be said in any country of the world, my poor are happy; neither ignorance or distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want, the taxes not oppressive; the rational world is my friend because I am friend of its happiness; when these things can be said, then may that country boast of its constitution and government.
-- Tom Paine