[Sca-cooks] Cast Iron pots??

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Wed May 31 16:01:51 PDT 2006

Never having smelted I cannot comment on the smelting process, but I can
state that while growing up my dad was given  HUGE cast iron pot with a very
large crack in it.  After multiple unsuccessful attempts to weld it, he
managed to partially do so, and then chose to use it as a hanging flower pot
with a homemade heavy metal hanger.  It was welded enough to keep the dirt
in, but the cracks that he was unable to weld allowed excess water to drain
off.  We had great success with most of the plants we grew in this pot, and
my last planting in it was oregano and thyme, although the last time I saw
it the oregano was still quite productive, it had choked out the thyme.

Elizabeta of Rundel