[Sca-cooks] Fruit picking was Re: Almond Milk revisited

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 19:00:01 PDT 2006

I believe the most popular home grown plums in California are the
red Santa Rosas and the purple with yellow flesh Satsumas.

My apricots are as ever abundent, but running a little late this year.
Last year, we were getting ripe apricots by now.  From the looks of the
green fruit and their size they probably will be ripe in a month or so.

I would be happy to trade apricots for plums or cherries.  I do have
one of those extended fruit pickers, although it doesn't get as high
as the top of our 40' tree...

As for where to pick cherries, there is only one place in Beaumont
that I know of, but there are at least a dozen places in Leona Valley
[Palmdale area], three in Little Rock and one in Llano that I know of.

But I still would like to go.

Huette