[Sca-cooks] Forward: Food Fermentation Workshops

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon May 22 11:39:12 PDT 2006

I have mentioned Sandor Ellix Katz and his excellent book, WILD
FERMENTATION before on this list. He has finished another book and plans
some in-person events around the US and beyond. Here is his email,
reproduced below. Pass it on!

Selene

-=-=-=-

Hello friends,

I hope this has been a good spring for you! It’s been a busy and
productive time for me, finishing my new book _The Revolution Will Not
Be Microwaved: Inside America’s Underground Food Movements_ (due out in
October from Chelsea Green), setting up a biodiesel processing operation
to make fuel from used fry oil, planting a garden, and arranging for a
full summer of fermentation workshops.

Here is my summer schedule of workshops, continuing my mission of
spreading fermentation fervor. Please feel free to pass this along to
anyone you know who might be interested, or to post on relevant events
listings or listservs. Thanks!

Sandor
sandorkraut at heartoftn.net

July 1-2 (Saturday-Sunday): *Eugene and Cottage Grove, OR*, "Wild
Fermentation and Wood-Oven Bread-Baking," sliding scale $65-120 for two
days with meals; work exchange available. Contact Brian Thomas,
telephone (541) 767-2573 or email brianethomas at softhome.net
<mailto:brianethomas at softhome.net>.

July 7-9 (Friday-Sunday): *Eugene, OR*, Oregon Country Fair, Community
Village Green, Fermentation Demos Friday 7/7 3:00-4:00 PM, Saturday 7/8
5:00-6:00 PM, and Sunday 7/9 11:00 AM -12:00 Noon.
www.oregoncountryfair.org
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683318>.

July 12-13 (Wednesday-Thursday): *Oakville, WA* (near Olympia), Wild
Thyme Farm, contact Morgan at (360) 292-0416 or Shari at (360) 273-7117
or email xen at tribesofcreation.com <mailto:xen at tribesofcreation.com>.

July 15-16 (Saturday-Sunday): *Portland, OR*, contact
hopemedford at yahoo.com <mailto:hopemedford at yahoo.com>.

July 18 (Tuesday): Possible *Ashland, OR* event; check
www.wildfermentation.com
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683319> or
email sandorkraut at heartoftn.net <mailto:sandorkraut at heartoftn.net> for
details.

July 19 (Wednesday): *Williams, OR*, White Oak Farm, contact Liz Tree at
(541) 846-0602 or email liztree at yahoo.com <mailto:liztree at yahoo.com>.

July 20 (Thursday): Possible *Corvallis, OR* event; check
www.wildfermentation.com
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683319> or
email sandorkraut at heartoftn.net <mailto:sandorkraut at heartoftn.net> for
details.

July 22-23 (Saturday-Sunday): *Seattle, WA*, University District,
contact brad at riseup.net <mailto:brad at riseup.net>.

August 11-13 (Friday-Sunday): *Hot Springs, NC*, Sunnybank Inn, Wild
Foods & Fermentation Workshop, Team-teaching with Frank Cook, for info
contact Elmer at 828-622-7206.

August 26 (Saturday): *Montgomery Village, VT*, Covered Bridges Garden
Club 5th Annual Harvest Day, for info email henwhisperer at gmail.com
<mailto:henwhisperer at gmail.com>.

August 27 (Sunday): Flack Family Farm, *Enosburg Falls, VT*,
www.flackfamilyfarm.com
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683320> or
phone 802-933-7752.

August 28-30: More Vermont events; check www.wildfermentation.com
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683319> or
email sandorkraut at heartoftn.net <mailto:sandorkraut at heartoftn.net> for
details.

September 5 (Tuesday): *New Paltz, NY*, Benedictine Hospital Oncology
Support Group, 1:00-3:30, for info contact Kathy Sheldon, telephone
(845) 256-9300 or email ksheldon at zworg.com <mailto:ksheldon at zworg.com>.

September 6-10 (Wednesday eve and all day Friday-Sunday): *New York
City*, Natural Gourmet Institute, Fermentation Intensive. For more
information or registration call 212-645-5170 or visit
www.naturalgourmetschool.com
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683321>.

September 16-17 (Saturday-Sunday): Rio Saliceto, *Reggio Emilia, Italy*,
Festival della Natura, www.alberosacro.org
<http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com//refer.php?s=23878815&u=683322>.

Foundation for Fermentation Fervor · 247 Sanctuary Lane · Liberty · TN ·
37095F