[Sca-cooks] England 2007 Food Seminars

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 22 15:46:45 PDT 2006

Greetings!  The 2007 Leeds Food History Symposium (held in York) is
_tentatively_ scheduled for 21 April with the topic of "Feasts".  The
Hampton Court cooks are tentatively doing Tudor cookery again.  Their usual
schedule is daily cooking the week before Easter (which is 8 April) with
weekend cookery after that.  The Christ Church special interest weekend on
food will be 29 March to 1 April (Thursday afternoon to Sunday afternoon).
The topic will be "sugar".

If anyone thinks he or she might like to go to one or more of these, and
wants to be on a mailing list about it, send me a note off line.  I will
keep track of those interested in case any additional activities might come
up.  (Ivan Day mentioned that some year he would like to take a group of
foodies around to visit the kitchens of historic houses.  He's been
involved with the restoration of a number of them.  Those of us who took
Ivan's course last year liked his idea.  And, it might be possible to ask
Ivan to schedule a "private course" if we have enough interested folk.)

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/