[Sca-cooks] My Menu for Ian and Katherine's Last Championships, May 13th

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue May 9 11:37:23 PDT 2006

After having posted this to the local list, I figured some here might
be interested. This is the event at the site we spoke of that has
rather limited kitchen facilities (like no stove) -- I was looking to
walk the fine line between opulence and a relatively simple "picnic
in the wood" meal...

> Some items still subject to change, per what's good, what's
> reasonably priced, etc., in the couple of days before Saturday:
>
> FIRST COURSE --
>
> -Cotignac (quince "cheese")
> -Cold Soused Brawn (cured pork loin), sliced, with Lombard Mustard
> Sauce
> -Compost (mixed, pickled fruits and vegetables)
> -A Sallet
> -Fronchemoyle (a white bread pudding boiled in a bag)
> -Ducks in Civey (ducks braised with onion sauce)
>
> SECOND COURSE --
>
> -Rabbits (braised and cut up, ginger sauce on the side)
> -Grill-roasted beef (sirloins are on sale) with sweet black pepper
> sauce
> -Frumenty
> -Mosserouns Flourys (roasted, glazed mushroom caps -- if I can find
> good ones)
> -Wortys Boiled (whatever green veg looks nice, blanched and
> buttered, hopefully asparagus)
> -Tardpolene (mixed fruit, nut and cheese tart)
>
> Beverages to include, but are not limited to, Ye Olde Ikea
> Lingonberry Drinke

(This was requested...)

> NB: _One_ person has contacted me regarding special food
> requirements! Should I assume nobody else has any?

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04