[Sca-cooks] Re: Documentation "Fun"...was "Potatoes and personal issues"

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Thu May 18 16:47:44 PDT 2006

Duriel writes

> Besides, documentation is fun, interesting & challenging.  And satisfying, too.
>
> I think it's great to serve a wonderful, surprising dish accompanied with several pages of research.

Well, YOU may think documentation is fun, and so may lots of other folks,
but not everyone does.

Personally, I find the history of food (and a great many other things)
fascinating, but I find research is a DRAG.  This is the main reason I
haven't gone back to school to get a "Pile it Higher and Deeper" degree -
all it really means is having to do research for the rest of my life!

I'd rather cook good food and serve it to appreciative people, not beat them
over the head with my phone-book sized pile of documentation while they're
eating.

 -Helena